We’ve come across entrepreneurs who needed help delegating tasks. However; they were not sure what tasks can be delegated to a virtual assistant. Thanks to the internet and the development of online tools, remote workers are now capable of doing more than ever before by knowing the tasks that you can delegate to your virtual assistant.
Virtual Staff and remote workers have helped businesses grow by managing tasks from answering phone calls, accountings, setting appointments, taking care of their social media presence, and a whole lot more. They helped entrepreneurs free their time so they can dedicate more time to develop their business more.
In a previous article – How to Delegate Tasks – we have outlined the important steps a business owner has to take before assigning tasks to their staff. But how do you know which tasks you need help with? As a guide, you can ask yourself these questions and make a list:
- What repetitive tasks am I doing on a daily basis? We are not even aware sometimes but there are a lot of repetitive tasks we are doing everyday eat up so much of our time. Things like checking voicemails, returning phone calls, replying to emails, managing your calendar etc. Imagine how much time you can take back when you hire an assistant who can do this on your behalf.
- What are the things I can’t do or don’t do well? Perhaps you needed an expert to help you with some things? A virtual assistant might be an answer to that.
Now that you have the list, you can then categorize them according to your virtual staff’s role and the level of difficulty. To guide you further, here are the common roles that a virtual assistant can perform for your business:
- General virtual assistant – Tasks would include: responding to emails, receptionist duties handling inbound and outbound calls, booking appointments, calendar management, taking minutes of the meeting, database building and file management, bookkeeping, email management, chat management, personal errands like booking flights and reminders etc., Proofreading documents, internet research, creating reports, transcription, simple eBook layout/formatting, forms creation, data mining/lead generation
- Social Media Marketing Virtual Assistant – open social media accounts in different platforms (I.e., Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), planning and posting “sticky” content, research strategies to increase traffic to the website and the social media platforms, writing, editing and sharing blog posts
- Real Estate Virtual Assistant – (we would like to note that there are distinct kinds of real estate virtual assistants however, we will outline some generic roles just to give you an idea). Setting up and confirming client appointments, prepare the marketing material, enter new data in MLS, proofread and edit images for listings, handle feedback from buyers or buyer’s agent, creating newsletters, post and manage ads on Craigslist or similar sites, respond to email and phone general inquiries, preparing and filing paperwork, follow-up with prospective buyers or tenants,
- Dropbox/Google Drive Organization
- Creating or Managing Spreadsheets
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations
- PDF conversion, splitting and merging.
- Moderating blog comments
- Checking voicemail
- Sending client invoices
- Basic editing of audio and video files
- Podcast setup
- Keyword research for blog content
- Competitor analysis
- Designing logos and banners
- Designing infographics or images
- Training of new virtual staff
In HireSmartVAs, we provide a step by step guide in helping you make the most of your virtual staff starting with choosing the right one and even help with pre-training them as well! Book a free call with us to find out how.